Friday 24 November 2017

Postcards for the Weekend – Books, Reading

170407 CZ-1158648 Book in an Ancient Library

Postcrossing card from the Czech Replublic, April 2017
CZ-1158648 / “Book in an ancient library”

Lesende Frau auf einer Gartenbank liegend, 1913

Postcrossing card from Germany, July 2017
DE-6346680
”Woman lying on a bench reading” (1913)

Painting by Swedish artist Carl Larsson (1853-1919)

170103-170109 from Jarina _0003

From Jarina in the NL, January 2017
Ill. by Fiep Westendorp (1916-2004)


161129-161222 from GB Gladstone's Library

From GB, December 2016
Gladstone’s Library, Hawarden, Flintshire, Wales

The Body in the Library
▲Not postcards , but bookish stamps… from England, 2017 ▼

171021-171027 from John 1724B


Postcards for the Weekend

Postcards for the Weekend 62: Books / Reading / Authors

8 comments:

  1. I love what the light is doing in the library! So strange to see a dead body outline on a stamp! Although Christie was a genius writer. My favorite are the first and second. With the library a very close third.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You do get the most wonderful postcards.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great postcards and stamps, all of them! Even before I read what you'd written underneath, I recognised the Carl Larsson one. That lady on the bench could be me, with the kitten in one arm... my Mimi used to do that, she always slept on me or next to me, which wasn't always appreciated in the hot summer months ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the girl on the bench and that beautiful library is so appealing. these are all really pretty cards

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fiep Westendorp is one of my favourite illustrators, nice to see this postcard here!
    And wonderful collection of a dear theme :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm lucky to have received some of the postcards and stamps of this post. Not the first postcard, however. I'd like to know which book is it. The picture is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks everyone for your comments :)
    Eva A, I'd like to know what book that is in the first card, too. But the card did not include that information, I'm afraid.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This collection of postcards related to reading and literature makes me envious. I specially like the first one! Thanks so much for sharing and have a great week ahead.

    ReplyDelete

Communication is what makes blogging fun :)
... but all spam or suspected spam will be deleted.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...