Wednesday 13 January 2016

Winter Contrasts

Since last week, we’ve been from sunny cold weather, to milder temperatures with 2-3 days of intense snowfall, followed by thaw and slush, which in turn has now frozen again to knobbly ice…

snowing-002

Friday: Snowfall (photo zoomed in from my balcony).

DSC_0413-001

Monday: Thawing and very foggy. I know it’s foggy when the skyscraper I usually see the top of from my kitchen window is gone from my horizon… I was tempted to go out into the big empty snowy football field nearby to try to capture the mysterious sense of “another world”.

DSC_0415-001

DSC_0420-001

The playground was spookily empty too (late morning of the Monday when kids go back to school after the Christmas holiday)

CIMG7581-001

Today we were back to crisp and clear and sunny, presenting quite the opposite kind of photo challeges (backlighting and lens flare).

CIMG7582-002

CIMG7584-001

Linking to:

Through My Lens

Our World Tuesday

Outdoor Wednesday

6 comments:

  1. Nice photos with the contrasts of winter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. it does look a little spooky. i love the playground and the cemetery.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are beautiful!
    No snow yet in my area, but it is forecast for this weekend and now definitely cold enough. Blue skies right now, and I am working from home today - might use my lunch break for a walk in the sun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can deal with cold when the sky is sunny and blue, too depressing otherwise.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love crisp, clear and sunny. We don't get it very often though.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful displays of winter. Thanks for sharing with "Through my Lens"

    Mersad
    Mersad Donko Photography

    ReplyDelete

Communication is what makes blogging fun :)
... but all spam or suspected spam will be deleted.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...