Monday 14 September 2015

Mosaic Monday

2015-09-14 Windows 10 update2

Today has been mostly about waiting patiently (and rather nervously, because of some recent glitches in the internet connction). The upgrade to Windows 10 took about 5½ hours, but seems to have been successful.

I took the precaution of leaving my other “smart” devices OFF in the meantime, and especially the new TV, as I kind of suspect that the router may have got a bit bewildered by that recent addition to the digital equipment. Anyway, giving the computer priority while doing the dreaded update seems to have been appreciated, as the process was at least not interrupted by any breaks in the basic internet connection. Phew!

CIMG6396

This gorilla is a kind of mosaic in itself Рmade from pieces of cardboard boxes by artist Laurence Valli̬res.

It was created in the Orangery in the town park (above) during the street art festival, but afterwards moved to a new home in the large entrance hall of the Textile Fashion Center (below).

Gorilla NoLimit

In the background the colourful entrance to the Textile Museum – also a kind of patchwork (textile) mosaic.

Gorilla NoLimit

In spite of the lack of greenery just nearby, the gorilla does not seem too displeased with its new surroundings.

Linking to Mosaic Monday & Through My Lens

12 comments:

  1. It is a wonderful Gorilla.
    Windows 10 can wait. I do have it installed on an old machine but didn't think it worth the hassle. Windows 7 suits me fine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Adrian, I can't say I've really noticed much difference yet (in the two hours or so I've had it...) It just seemed like it might be a good day for me to get it done.

      Delete
  2. I checked with my youngest before I installed it; I think mine took longer than 5 hours. I've yet to see that it's better than the one I had. I hate all the white that's at the top when I'm using Works; it glares like the sun glare on my windshield when I'm driving east in the morning - very uncomfortable. I wonder whose 'bright' idea that was. Going to games has more steps since I can't just click on the icon. I'm wondering if there's a way to go back.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Norma, I did not do it until I'd had reports of success from both an internet friend and my brother. I've not yet explored everything, I'll deal with one thing at a time as I come across it... I do think it said somewhere that one has the choice to go back if one wants to (but don't ask me how!)

      Delete
  3. Hha, so nice! Great contribution to Mosaic Monday, and Through my Lens! Well seen!
    Visiting from "Through my lens".
    Greetings, Hilde
    http://stapjesonderweg.blogspot.be/2015/09/white-city-in-alpujarra.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. NO I am resisting upgrading yet, iam quite happy with what I have and know! Love the Gorilla and how it is made.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Margaret, sometimes ones does wish they'd just leave things alone for a bit longer... But then I thought I might as well get it over with!

      Delete
  5. i recognized those blue screens the moment the post came up. glad it went well... that gorilla is Amazing. what talent.. and i love the way it looks to. sometimes art is good but i don't love it. this one i do

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sandra, I knew you'd recognize those screen messages... :)

      Delete
  6. An ingenious way to create the gorilla statue. My husband downloaded W10 last month and promptly removed it as it affected his older PC negatively. I'm a Mac user myself and have heard some stories about this new OS but maybe they have it fixed now.
    Thanks for linking to Mosaic Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the gorilla...great way to recycle cardboard boxes.
    I won't be installing Windows 10 in any hurry, I'll wait until all the kinks are ironed out....maybe then it'll just take 1 hour to install...lol.

    ReplyDelete

Communication is what makes blogging fun :)
... but all spam or suspected spam will be deleted.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...