Sunday 31 August 2014

*59*

On Friday morning I woke up and found myself to be 59 years old, and the sun unexpectedly shining from a clear blue sky (in spite of rain being forecasted for the weekend). I had not made any special birthday plans whatsoever, having been busy with other things earlier in the week (mostly to do with our house finally now being offcially put up for sale – with the internet ad being published on Friday too) – and not expecting the weather to be fine either.

And as I had not invited anyone, and no one had called in advance to ask if I’d be at home, I wasn’t expecting anyone. Two birthday cards had arrived in advance by mail though, which I opened at breakfast:

IMG_0001

IMG_0002

I’m not sure how much impact it had on my train of thought, that both cards had animal pictures on them…

CIMG1172-001

… But anyway, I suddenly decided that it would be a good day for the camera and me to visit the Zoo.

So we did. And it was (a good day).

CIMG1444-002

Now if you will just bear with me…

CIMG1274-001

… until I get the rest of my birthday photos sorted …

CIMG1271-001

 

 

14 comments:

  1. i can't wait.. happy belated birthday... i will trade you your wake up to 59 for my wake up next Friday at 70... how about it? ok?
    you know i love your zoo pics and would love to ride that train. did you take the bear pic from the train or does it let you off to watch them...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I'll take my chances and take one year at a time, thank you Sandra :)
      Actually I did not ride the train, my knee was in a good mood so I felt ok strolling around on my own feet. I took my time and there are plenty of benches to sit down and rest, and I also had lunch at a restaurant within the zoo.

      Delete
  2. Happy belated birthday, the zoo is a perfect way to spend the day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The weather was perfect for a long stroll around the zoo that day Janet, neither too hot nor too cold.

      Delete
  3. I also wish you a happy birthday, and I'm glad you had a fun time at the zoo.

    Mersad
    Mersad Donko Photography

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Happy late birthday! I wish I had known, I would have sent you a card. I am putting it on my calendar for next year. Love the bear hugs and can't wait to see the rest. The zoo is a perfect place for bloggers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday. Now you are in the middle of your life it is a good time to make some plans for the next half. Of course you do not have to follow those plans but making them is fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The thought of planning my 118th birthday suddenly makes me feel rather tired, Louise ...

      Delete
  6. Happy Birthday, dear Monica! Even though a little late, these good wishes are valid all year. A visit to the zoo is a very nice way to spend one's birthday. It reminds me that I haven't been to the zoo myself for about 2 years (I could look it up on my blog but can't be bothered right now).
    You do look very nice with your necklace and handbag in matching shades.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Meike. I could do with a Happy Year! :)

      Delete
  7. I like the expression on the hen's face. The road on which the 'train' is running looks as though it's covered in snow. Obviously it's not but.... You are looking good, too. I'm glad that you enjoyed yourself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Even I thought when I got my photo of the train up on the computer screen that it looked like snow on the ground, Graham. A trick of the light, I can only suppose! (as there certainly wasn't any snow when I took the picture...)

      The hen card was sent to me by one friend and painted by another (friend of both of us) who is an artist (printed from one of her water colours). I like it too!

      Delete

Communication is what makes blogging fun :)
... but all spam or suspected spam will be deleted.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...