Tuesday 15 October 2013

Oops! The Intertubes Are Broken

If you ever wondered what makes the internet work, it seems to be the “intertubes” that do it. Except when they they are broken…

Anyway, this is as far as the Zynga Words With Friends support takes me at the moment, when I try to investigate why I can’t access their game on my phone (since yesterday afternoon).

Going on to ask Google what on earth “intertubes” are, it looks surprised and asks me back: Did you mean: inner tubes?”

However, www.justanswer.com gave me this explanation (answer to a similar question asked a couple of months ago by someone else):

Actually the "Intertubes are broken" message is kind of an inside Joke with Zynga's programmers. The joke is that they are having an issue on their end and not on your computer.  --- you should not have to do anything, Usually it can take up to 24 hrs for Zynga to fix stuff on their end.

So I guess I’ll just wait another day or so before I waste any more time on fruitless troubleshooting at my end.

(In the meantime, I’m still able to access the game on the computer via Facebook. Just as info to friends I’m currently playing with!)

3 comments:

  1. don't play games or have a phone that plays games, but i do understand the errors since they happen to all computers a lot of the time... and what i love is being able to search for whatever it is, like you did and find the answer... glad it will fix itself...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I only blogged about this because I found the message and picture amusing and confusing at the same time (never having come across the word "intertubes" before). Anyway, the game app on the phone is working again now. Possibly the intertubes got reconnected when I updated the Facebook app this afternoon - I'm not sure! :)

      Delete
  2. Yes, I've been having the same problems (as you, of course, know). WWF is a real pain sometimes - frequently in fact.

    ReplyDelete

Communication is what makes blogging fun :)
... but all spam or suspected spam will be deleted.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...