Sunday 19 August 2012

Things Are Moving

CIMG0234

CIMG0231

CIMG0225

CIMG0239-001

CIMG0244-001

CIMG0243-001

CIMG0242-001

CIMG0248-001

Report from Bisy Backson (cf previous post):

Yesterday three guys from the national railway museum came to collect all dad’s railway research stuff from the House. About 70-80 boxes…

This is what the room looks like “empty” – hmmm…

CIMG0251-001

But there IS a difference compared to a year ago.

CIMG1388_study_june 2011

On Tuesday I have an appointment with an estate agent.
On Wednesday friends are coming to stay the night (not in the house, but in my flat).
Still Bisy Backson!

Linking to:

SOOC Sunday

Friday My Town – The Work You Do
(‘cos even if I didn’t pack or carry any boxes myself yesterday, I did over the last year sort through an incredible amount of papers and other stuff, and it’s not over yet)

5 comments:

  1. Your dad must have assembled a treasure of railroad history sources. I hope that museum is BIG. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, there must be some interesting research in those boxes, and sorting through everything is definitely a job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Definitely a big job. I am sure your are proud the biggest part is done.
    QMM

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes going through a lifetime hobby is work! But what a treasure trove ... I am glad you shared with us .

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was thinking about boxes a few minutes ago and I suddenly remembered that I hadn't commented on this post. I'd got sidetracked as usual whilst trying to decide what to say. I was astounded by the quantity of railway related stuff that your Dad had amassed. It will keep the volunteer enthusiasts occupied for a long time I should think.

    ReplyDelete

Communication is what makes blogging fun :)
... but all spam or suspected spam will be deleted.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...