Saturday 6 August 2011

Straight Out Of the Phone

DSC_0040

For Straight Out of the Camera Sunday:

A countryside view taken with my new phone (Sony Ericsson Xperia Arc), from the neighbourhood of my parents’ old place. (The picture is not of our house.)

---

The end of the week has been a lot rainier than the beginning, but I almost welcomed it – I was beginning to feel in need of a few days to just rest and do indoors things in my own home.

I’ve also tried to catch up a little on my blog reading; and moreover, I think I finally got my email problem ‘sorted’. Most of you are probably not aware that I had one! But the thing is I got into a bit of a confusion when I started using the smartphone to read emails, because I couldn’t access all the folders in my yahoo account from the phone. This led to an experiment with re-directing blog comments to gmail instead. But I wasn’t really happy with that solution. (Besides having to check two different accounts, I found gmail very confusing.) However, one learns as one goes along… Today I had a ‘duh’ moment and finally found the right ‘app’ to download, so was able to get back to sorting my mail the way I’ve got used to. Yippee.  (Yes Yahoo is a silly name but it’s been my main email service since ‘forever’ – even before I got my first dial up modem at home back in the mid 90’s!)

8 comments:

  1. I cannot believe your phone took such an awesome picture, it is beautiful!! I used to use Yahoo for some of my mail, but then had to sign up with Google to start a blog, and they have GMail. But I don't use that either, I have Outlook that is provided by my ISP.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful sooc shot !!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great shot! Especially from a phone. Glad the e-mail situation is resolved. It is such a pain to have more than one account, and I agree gmail is confusing.

    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  4. great shot from your new phone, now you will always have a camera with you. i would have a lot of problems with the phone, since i don't have a cell phone and this one appears to be smarter than i am. I am thinking of a new TV show called
    Are you smarter than a cell phone?
    i signed up with Yahoo email, but never used it very much so they kept canceling it. i use my cable provider and windows live mail.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You've captured the tranquility of the countryside.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous shot of the countryside. Looks like a great place to grow up. I'm glad you've resolved the email problem.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My dad grew up in this neighbourhood but I didn't. My parents moved back when dad retired in 1992. I was 30 years old when I moved here a few years before them. People I got to know in later years often assume I grew up here but I did not. I have childhood memories from the area though because both sets of grandparents lived around here.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Some modern phones can produce pics with much better quality than stand-alone digital cameras of a few years ago. However someone still has to take the photo. And you are really good at that so your phone just becomes a more immediate and handier extension and gives greater opportunity. This SOTP is gives your followers yet another lovely glimpse into your environment.

    ReplyDelete

Communication is what makes blogging fun :)
... but all spam or suspected spam will be deleted.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...