Saturday 9 April 2011

Saturday Surprise

DSCN2857-1

Going into town, one never knows what one might come across!

DSCN2858-1

DSCN2851-1

DSCN2853-1

DSCN2856-1

The library was having some kind of drive for children’s books.
The last two are unknown to me, but the others I recognize:

image  

Pettson and Findus is a series of children’s books by Swedish author and illustrator of children’s books Sven Nordqvist. The books feature an old farmer (Pettson) and his cat (Findus) who live in a small ramshackle farmhouse in the countryside.

image

Mamma Moo and the Crow by Jujja and Thomas Wieslander, illustrated by Sven Nordqvist.

5 comments:

  1. These pictures are adorable!!! I especially like the first one. That toddler is keeping her distance and casting a suspicious eye at the cat person. So cute!!! I have never in my LIFE seen a place with so much art, festivities, and things going on!!!!! You live in a wonderland!! I never know what you will find next.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your photos of this event. I'm a bookseller and like meeting new characters.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting photos!! This nice surprise should have give children as well as adults happy day, I'm sure. Cute cat.

    ReplyDelete
  4. a fabulous thing to do with the cats and characters. do so wish i could walk with you in your MOST interesting town ever

    ReplyDelete
  5. It never ceases to amaze me the things that go on in people's towns: things I would never have known about but for blogland.

    ReplyDelete

Communication is what makes blogging fun :)
... but all spam or suspected spam will be deleted.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...